As I was coming home tonight from the last of Gaby's farewell parties (ex President of AIESEC Guate going to South America for a year), I remembered my taxi ride from the hotel to the airport in Delhi last year. On the one hand I was excited to finally be coming home to more familiar surroundings and people after 3 challenging weeks there and yet I was also sad to be leaving India and the kind people at the hotel and was NOT excited about getting back to school and catching up with 3 weeks worth of exams, quizzes and homework.... AND NOW I'm very excited to be starting a new adventure, a new challenge which is the official start of our MC, yet I´m sad and uncertain about Gaby's absence. It'll be weird and no doubt confusing at times being completely responsible for AIESEC Guatemala now along with the rest of the MC and not having her around to consult and rely on for information and advice. Having mixed emotions at the moment...






2 Comments:
Aw hun, I think a lot of us can understand how you are feeling! Excited, nervous, anxious.... But you are going to do such great things this year! By this time in 07 I'm sure you'll think no challenge is too big =D
Hey Elizabeth!
Yeah I know the feeling! I think around this time of the year everyone one around the AIESEC network braces themselves for change!
Know that no matter how far away someone goes, they're still always within contact =p I mean just look at us You Canners scattered all over the world, but still within reach hehe.
BBB
Post a Comment
<< Home