Me being me...

...what I'm doing, moments and events that excite me and those that don't, but that nevertheless help me to grow...

blog layouts







My status

Monday, January 15, 2007

What a New Year!!!

Not a month has passed since my last post and SO much has changed!! Only 2 weeks into the New Year and I'm taking on new and challenging responsibilities!!

To get right to it... I am as of January 10th the MCP of AIESEC in Guatemala! How did this happen, half way through our term? Well, Renée resigned for personal reasons that we (MC Survivor) have yet to figure out in detail. The vacant position had to be filled (by law) by one of the VPs and well I ended up being that VP.

Perks of the position... IPM (International Presidents Meeting) in Cairo, Egypt in a month!!

Challenges... where do I begin...?? We are in the midst of aligning our work with the Regional Initiatives, opening a new extension in another university, preparing our members (mostly newies) to assume leadership roles in the near future, preparing for our National Congress (February 2-4), opening and promoting MC applications, working to sell, match and realize the MT TN that we desperately need to maintain our voting status, to name a few of our primary tasks these days.

Also quite challenging is the fact that I am still in charge of exchange! So this promises to be an amazing semester in terms of me multitasking, time managing, problem solving, motivating my team and members, and working to set the foundations for a stronger AIESEC in Guatemala next MC term! It's exciting! I have amazing people offering and sharing with me their support, knowledge and resources! What a truely amazing network I have attained through AIESEC!!

It's funny the way things work... I had thought about applying for MCP 07-08, but after talking to my parents over the holidays I decided that was not the direction they were expecting, supporting or financing! However here I am MCP for the next 6 months, who would've thought? Different people have mentioned this is a "sign", but I don't see it that way right now. I am taking this a day at a time and trying to focus on the present priorities and opportunities that I have to grow and learn personally and professionally and to strengthen AIESEC GALA.

Just wanted to share my present thoughts with you... will be writing more about this new part of my life...

posted by Elizabeth at 10:59 AM



MySpace Layouts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Elizabeth Ayala's Facebook profile

Previous Posts

  • If the glove fits... lol
  • Living in 2006 Just got this mail, thought it was ...
  • Something else that's happened...I've "survived" ...
  • 2006's almost over...I know I abandoned my blog ov...
  • Krakow
  • So IC had at last come to an end and we (Renée, Pa...
  • IC 2006, WARSAW, POLAND!!!!!Once again... it's har...
  • GLOBAL VILLAGE!!!This was one of the greatest mome...
  • SSGN PREMEETING!!!♪♪ SS, GN, GN, I like it, aha, a...
  • MAGICAL PRAGUE!!!!How do you begin to explain Prag...

Powered by Blogger


 

black jack strategies
blackjack