Me being me...

...what I'm doing, moments and events that excite me and those that don't, but that nevertheless help me to grow...

blog layouts







My status

Monday, March 19, 2007

Some thoughts...


After all the excitement of IPM, Egypt, seeing old friends, meeting new ones, getting back home to Guatemala and finding a million things that need to get done before this Summer, I had a hard time readjusting. It's difficult when you go to a congress and get back, because no matter how many pictures or videos you take, no matter how much you tell your friends and family about all your experience, they NEVER completely understand you like those that shared that experience with you!


It's been hard to get back into the groove of things... been through all kinds of emotions lately... was ecstatic about my trip, then upset and disappointed to find things weren't quite as they were supposed to be when I got home (to say the least), lonely after a congress and trip where I got so much attention and was around so many people, sad because I missed the people that I'd spent the last weeks with, anxious because I don't know what I'll be doing come June, excited because so many of my friends do have amazing plans already in place, humbled to discover that there are people that I have spent only a few weeks with during the last year and yet they make me feel loved, and the emotions go on and on...


I think that at this stage in my life, I have a number of options... get a scholarhip for a Masters degree, start working in Guatemala or Belize, apply for an international MC, go on an internship, etc. The future has never been this uncertain to me and that uncertainty is frightening yet a huge challenge that I have to face.



Coming back home I realized that I didn't want to face this uncertainty alone, I wanted someone to hold my hand through it, but then last night I kind of got a wake up call after having a very vague conversation with someone I'd been waiting all week to chat with. That got me to thinking... I can't expect other people to get through this stage for me or have unrealistic expectations. I have faced so many difficulties before and when I was a lot younger, this is something I can definitely do on my own as well!!!


And I'm not completely alone either, this weekend I talked for hours with friends in Egypt and Ecuador and I realized that even if they're not physically with me, they're TOTALLY there for me. One even stayed up till 5 am listening and talking to me... doesn't like me thanking him, but he knows who he is!! Gracias!! ;D Bet you didn't think I was gonna keep u up so late after going to the movies!! It's amazing to me that people that I care so much about and that care so much about me live so far away, we've only spent a few weeks together, our communication is via skype, chat or emails, and yet we understand each other so well! Technology isn't all bad!

So... that's all for now, just wanted to write where I'm at right now and thank Dalia and Franchesca too for their support these last few weeks!!

posted by Elizabeth at 1:41 PM



MySpace Layouts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Elizabeth Ayala's Facebook profile

Previous Posts

  • Tour through EgyptAfter IPM was finally over, and ...
  • Faces along the tour... The people that you meet ...
  • And so the Congress began on February 19th with Op...
  • OPENING CEREMONY AND GLOBAL VILLAGEFEBRUARY 18TH ...
  • Premeeting February 16th and 17th These session...
  • Back in Guatemala... without my luggage!!So, I'm f...
  • IPM 2007 here I come!!! During IC in Poland last ...
  • I'm really excited after CONAL (Congreso Nacional...
  • A mayonnaise jar, golf balls, pebbles, sand and 2 ...
  • What a New Year!!! Not a month has passed since my...

Powered by Blogger


 

black jack strategies
blackjack